Forest City Brewers News and Headlines
Another Succesfull Screw City Beer Festival
Well, another Screw City Beer Festival has come and gone. Thank you to everyone who came out to the festival. Also thank you to all the FCB members who provided beer to the festival. I want to especially thank everyone who stopped by the Forest City Brewer's tent. At the end of the day all 9 kegs (45 Gallons) of beer was served. It's been a couple years since FCB was at the festival and we got a very warm welcome back by everyone at the festival. We are looking forward to next year to once again show the brewing talents within the FCB Club.
Illinois House Bill 630
ILLINOIS HB630 IS NOW LAW!!!
So, what does this mean for homebrewers?
Homebrewers now have the following requirements:
* No one under 21 years of age may homebrew, and beer may not be sold at anytime.
* The Commission must regulate the activities outside the homebrewer's residence.
* A license must be obtained if beer is offered at a festival.
* Dram Shop Liability Insurance is required.
* Samples (at festivals only) may be given to consumers, at least 21 years of age, but no more than three 2 ounce samples to each consumer. Note: Previously, these festivals gave full size beers to basically anyone who asked, which is one of the reasons why the Commission shut them down.
* Homebrewers may not brew anywhere outside the home other than at a business at a fixed location that sells supplies and offers educational classes.
* Homebrewers may hold contests at a licensed premises; however, only judges (certified by a National Homebrewing Organization) may sample the beer. At no time may the homebrewers give their beer to anyone at a licensed premises other than a certified judge.
For more information. Go to the Illinois General Assembly website for details about the bill.
New Homebrew Supply store
During the February meeting there was a discussion about a new Homebrew Supply store in Janesville WI called Farmhouse Brewing Supply . Here is a link to their website and a map for directions.
View Larger Map
Here are some really neat tap handles to check out from TapBoards.com