Forest City Brewers News and Headlines
Get your brewpots fired up!!
Have you ever wanted one of your beers brewed on a professional system? Rockford Brewing Co is planning a homebrew contest with the winner to have the opportunity of having their winning beer brewed and served at RBC.
More details coming soon...
Congratulations Jerry and Nick!!
First round of the AHA National Competition have been posted.
Jerry Machula got third place in Category 9 : Scottish and Irish Ale.
Nick Krause got first place in Category 23 : Specialty Beer
Both guys will now advance to the next round of the AHA competition. Congratulation guys and good luck in the next round!!
FCB shirt orderThe club will be ordering screen printed shirts and embroidered Ball Caps for anyone who is interested. If you would like to place an order, print out the form below and fill out the items you would like to purchase. You can either bring it to the May meeting for mail it to Mike Gifford.
FCB Shirt order form
2014 Membership duesMembership dues is still being accepted for the 2014 year. Since we are at te half way point in the year dues are now $15 per person or $23 for a cohabitating membership.
Illinois House Bill 630
ILLINOIS HB630 IS NOW LAW!!!
So, what does this mean for homebrewers?
Homebrewers now have the following requirements:
* No one under 21 years of age may homebrew, and beer may not be sold at anytime.
* The Commission must regulate the activities outside the homebrewer's residence.
* A license must be obtained if beer is offered at a festival.
* Dram Shop Liability Insurance is required.
* Samples (at festivals only) may be given to consumers, at least 21 years of age, but no more than three 2 ounce samples to each consumer. Note: Previously, these festivals gave full size beers to basically anyone who asked, which is one of the reasons why the Commission shut them down.
* Homebrewers may not brew anywhere outside the home other than at a business at a fixed location that sells supplies and offers educational classes.
* Homebrewers may hold contests at a licensed premises; however, only judges (certified by a National Homebrewing Organization) may sample the beer. At no time may the homebrewers give their beer to anyone at a licensed premises other than a certified judge.
For more information. Go to the Illinois General Assembly website for details about the bill.
New Homebrew Supply store
During the February meeting there was a discussion about a new Homebrew Supply store in Janesville WI called Farmhouse Brewing Supply . Here is a link to their website and a map for directions.
View Larger Map
Here are some really neat tap handles to check out from TapBoards.com